M.A.C Faerie Whispers & ABH Illuminator



Continuing on with my make-up splurge I managed to get my hands on MAC's limited edition Faerie Whispers lipstick in 'among the fire flies'. Can I just say WELL DONE Mac for bringing out a shade that I personally think that compliments women on colour! I am an NC45 in Mac's studio fix fluid foundation, which I would describe as being a medium dark, and it looks absolutely phenomenal. It is a creamsheen finish but could definitely look amazing as a matte by blotting some translucent powder on top. It is perfect for everyday as the pigment is quite muted and subtle. I would apply this lipstick with a brown lip liner (chestnut or kiko 307) to exaggerate the lip line, otherwise it is perfect on its own. Its a shame this colour is a limited edition but i'm sure MAC has a dupe in their permanent collection.
Left: ABH Illuminator (peach nectar) Right: Among the fire flies


THIS Illuminator has officially changed my highlighting game! I am not even exaggerating. I know ABH has brought out the new glow kit but this highlight is hands down the best I have used. I am pleased to say that this product is very finely milled as it has a silky texture to it. If you're like me and don't mind tampering with your make-up products, after taking a photo of it of course, then you can test whether the product has been made well or not. I do this by pressing my finger in the middle for a few seconds, then releasing it. If I can see a finger print or shape from where my finger has been then you can say the product has been very finely milled. If the product starts to crackle and break, then its the opposite. This way, I can determine what method to use, to apply this product.
The best application for this product I would say is either the good ol' finger or a dry beauty blender. I emphasise on the 'dry' because if you apply it with a damp beauty blender, on my skin, created a blotchy look which was not what I wanted. I purchased the illuminator in the shade 'peach nectar' as warm toned highlighters tend to provide a better look to my skin. I have been using this product a lot recently so check out the looks I have created on my youtube channel and intsagram.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me On Instagram